Each week, you receive this Fertilizer. It helps your thinking about worship. It equips your hands to play better. It helps you keep the main thing the main thing. It nourishes your life as a worshiper and team member.
- A deep walk with God that’s steeped in scripture, marked by intimacy, and consecrated
- A deep love for people (you’re a Shepherd, Launcher, Encourager, & Leader)
- A deep understanding of music (Listener, Craftsman, Fluent in multiple musical languages)
But in spite of this, sometimes you are plagued by hints of a surface walk with God, love of people, and understanding of music. Sometimes you feel like you're a hypocrite, a professional Christian, needy, insecure, arrogant, unteachable, frenzied, angry, selfish, careless, carnal... It's not just you. We can all get there, alone.
When was the last time your prayers sounded like...
- I need more/better team members
- My church is in a rut
- I get overwhelmed by details
- I wonder if change can actually happen
- I've been told to get training but don't want it or know where to find it
- I hate planning (but love it when a plan comes together)
- Do I have what it takes?
- Am I too old/young to be a leader?
We know what it feels like. The Ad Lib Coaches are seasoned worship leaders with 5,000+ Sundays of leading experience combined. We know what it's like...
- To lead and shepherd people when you don't feel like they like or respect you
- To try to handle all 17 things that we handle while leading worship
- To walk off the stage feeling like a total failure or a total fake
- To wish like anything that you just had one good drummer
- To collapse on the floor at the thought of planning yet another Sunday (or Christmas Eve service!)
- To avoid having a difficult conversation with a team member for months and letting it gnaw away at your gut in the meantime
- To feel all alone at your own church or as the lone worship leader
- Fulfill your calling
- Serve fruitfully
- Enjoy happier relationships
- Experience your congregation singing with the veins bulging
- Be energized and more alive
- Have a flourishing relationship with God
- Long, slow death
- "If only..." and "should"
- I wish I was somewhere else
- Things sound terrible
- The team keeps shrinking
- People just stand there and don't sing